Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Getting Ready

So, I received my invitation on December 15th and I'm scheduled to leave February 9th for my Peace Corps service in Uganda.  Even though I had all of my stuff in early, they still only gave me about 8 weeks notice.  So now I am in the preparation stage, which was really overwhelming at first.  I sent out all of my passport and visa information yesterday.  I also finished reformatting my resume and writing my aspiration statement yesterday.  However, now that Christmas is approaching, I'm going to wait until after Christmas to do any more serious preparations.  I think I am going to quit my job on January 21st, but nothing is set in stone yet.  I'll talk to them after the new year with my decision.  For now, the waiting is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment