Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Language Lessons

So in Uganda they have about 50 different languages.  I will probably be learning Luganda, even though the official languages of Uganda are English and Swahili.  Here are some Luganda language lessons that I got from the Peace Corps website for anyone who is interested and has the time to learn (this one is for you, Jules...lol):

An Introduction to Survival Luganda
Lesson 1
Lesson 2
Lesson 3
Lesson 4
Lesson 5
Lesson 6
Lesson 7
Lesson 8
Lesson 9
Lesson 10
Lesson 11
Lesson 12

I guess you could say these would be for those who plan on coming to visit me.  I have to admit that I still haven't had time to go through any of these yet.  Hopefully, I'll find time before I leave, so I can at least be a little prepared.  They also suggest downloading the audio lessons and putting them on your iPod so you can listen to them on the plane.  I'll probably do that.  Although, I may be told in training that I'm going to be learning a different language entirely.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Im obviously going to start learning this STAT. And find out the meaning behind the mysterious MMMMMMMMMMM
    <3 jules

    ReplyDelete