Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Packing List

So, I've started to accumulate a packing list and a list of things I still need to purchase.  This is proving to be a fairly large challenge.  Having been accepted as a PCV, I can get discounts from certain retailers, but they are not always as substantial as they seem, they are sometime difficult to acquire and sometimes many items are not included.  I've also found that some of them have shipping and handling fees that are more costly than the products I want to buy.  So far here is what I have on my list:

Toiletries
Toothbrush (3)
Toothpaste
Floss
Deodorant
Q-Tips
Razor
Razor Heads (6)
Hand Sanitizer
Chap Stick (3)
Tissues
Body Wash
Shampoo
Conditioner
Face Wash
Nail Clippers
Nail File
Small Mirror
Loofah
Pads (2)
Tampons (2)
Hair Ties
Brush
Lotion
Spare Glasses

Camping Gear
Sleeping Bag
Compass
Swiss Army Knife
Water Bottle (2)
Hiking Backpack (going to use this as one of my checked bags)
Flashlight
Head Lamp

Stationary
Scotch Tape
Thumb Tact
Index Cards
Pens
Note Pads
Envelopes
Journal
Address Book
Post-its
Sharpies

Electronics
iPod
iPod Charger
Laptop
Kindle
Rechargeable Batteries
Battery Charger
Thumb Drive
External Hard Drive
Laptop Power Cord
Camera
Camera Battery Charger
Old Camera
Waterproof Case For My Old Camera
Short Ethernet Cable (7 Feet)
Mouse
DVDs (Movies and TV Shows) (DVD Case)

Clothes
Below the knee skirt (2)
Below the knee dress (3)
Short Sleeved Top (10)
Hoody (3)
T-shirt (5)
Tank Top (3)
Button Down
Jeans (3)
Khakis (3)
Black Dress Pants
Shorts (3)
Underwear (16)
Bras (10)
Socks (15)
Leggings (4)
One-Piece Bathing Suit
PJs

Shoes
Dress Shoes (Flats, Closed-toe)
Sandals
Sneakers
Running Shoes
Flip Flops

Miscellaneous
Book Bag
Ziploc Bags (Gallon and Sandwich)
Bag Locks
Full Size Bed Sheets
Pillow
Laundry Bag
Towel
Wash Clothes (2)
Beach Towel
Maps (World, US)
Playing Cards
Pictures
Raincoat
Dictionary
Duct Tape
Small Binoculars
Travel Alarm Clock
Passport Photos (8)
Money Belt
Head Set
Power Adapter (Converter)
Travel Guides (Uganda) (East Africa)
Umbrella

However, I'm only taking everything here if it fits in my luggage.  I plan on using my LLBean rolling duffel bag and my new North Face hiking back pack as my two checked bags (they can't be more than 80 lbs. combined and each bag can't be more than 50 lbs. by itself).  I have a new rolling luggage that I got for Christmas that I plan on using as my carry on.  And I'm going to use my new North Face book bag as my personal item.  I plan on using that as a laptop bag.

I've been trying to get organized and figure out what I need and where I should get everything from.  I feel like I don't have that much time (especially if I'm ordering things online).  I think I have definitively decided that I'm quiting my job on the 21st of January.  I plan on telling my job next Monday (I figured I'd wait until after the New Year).

I'm also trying to organize a group to go to Restaurant Week in Philly.  I have a huge group of people that I invited and I need to make a reservation, but it is hard to make without knowing exactly who is coming.  I think we planned on making this sort of goodbye dinner for me and Alyssa (who is moving at the end of February), so I would really like it to work out and get most everyone to come.

AHHH...Sorry for the random smattering of thoughts.  I'm so overwhelmed right now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Yours is the first packing list I've seen from our group :D I'm going to be making mine this week hopefully, it's soooo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also - do you have a link for the northface hiking backpack you have? I'm trying to decide what to buy and I have no idea where to start (how big, what brand, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link is in the list, but I added it in down the bottom too.

    ReplyDelete