Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Correspondence Match

The Peace Corps has this program called Correspondence Match, where a Peace Corps Volunteer can share their experience with a U.S. classroom teacher.  The fact that I'm supposed to be working in education makes it even better, because I can set up correspondence between my students and the students in a U.S. classroom.  So, all that being said, I was wondering if there were any teachers out there that are interested in having their classroom matched up with me.  Or if anyone knows of a teacher who might be interested.  If so, let me know and I will work on getting that set up.  It's probably easiest to set it up before I leave, so if you are interested let me know soon.  Also, feel free to check out the link above for more information.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I was an elementary school teacher and have set up a match (haven't done all the paperwork yet though) with one of my former colleagues - I can ask others if they'd be interested in matching with you? Let me know if you'd like me to ask around, and what grade you'd prefer :) (everyone I know would be k-5th)
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That would be great. I was hoping to find a high school teacher because I'm supposed to be in secondary education. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you could do any grade and be fine - even non education volunteers who don't have any students can be matched. I'll put it up on fb and see what i can find :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,
    Jul's mom here ... miss you already!
    I am the librarian at Salem Middle School covering grades 3 - 8. I just inquired this week if we have distance learning equipment thinking ahead for a possible connection and assuming we would need that equipment to do so. I haven't heard back from the IT department yet....
    Safe travels....I just started reading your blog and will keep in touch about a possible school connection as time goes on.... hugs from south NJ Loretta Zink

    ReplyDelete