Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Weeks...and Snow Everywhere

I have two weeks left here in the United States and it is snowing like crazy out right now.  I guess I might miss the snow a little bit.  It does look so pretty in my backyard right now, but I won't miss it cancelling my plans.  I was supposed to go down to the city tonight.  We were going to go to Happy Hour at Raven Lounge and then to Quizo at New Deck.  Quizo is probably going to be cancelled anyway and half of our group probably won't come, not to mention the fact that I don't think I can physically make it down there.  I was also supposed to get lunch with Karissa tomorrow and I don't even know if I'm going to be able to do that.  We are supposedly getting a foot of snow by tomorrow, however I think I will be okay getting down there for Restaurant week on Friday.  I guess this may be good thing though because I can spend more time with my mom before I leave.  I'm going to be in the city with my friends all weekend anyway.

I've been reading a lot of other current PCV's blogs and my packing is really coming along.  Almost everything is packed except some last minute clothes that I can't pack yet. Everyone is really stressing out about packing and what to bring and what not to bring.  I think I will be fine fitting everything in my bags.  They are getting full but it shouldn't be a problem.

Having the time off from work is going pretty well.  I saw Kait on Monday and I saw my grandparents and my great grandmom yesterday.  These two weeks are giving me plenty of time to pack and to see everyone.  I'm really glad I decided to quit my job when I did.

I think when I leave, I'll miss everyone a lot, but I'm ready.  I'm ready to do something and go somewhere.  I'm ready for a new adventure.  And from what I can tell I'll have my fair share of visitors.  My friends have even joked about writing their own blog to keep me updated on everything here.  I hope they do.  It would be nice to know what is going on at home and to keep updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment