Sunday, March 6, 2011

February 26, 2011 3:00 PM

This morning after breakfast, we had to get all of our stuff out and check out of our rooms.  Starting at around 9 o’clock some of the families started to arrive.  It was kind of like being at an orphanage and getting adopted.  Whenever someone got called because their family had arrived we would all clap like it was a personal achievement.  I got called about half way through at about 11 o’clock.  My family isn’t what I would call a family at all.  It’s a single woman (I don’t know what happened to her husband) who has two kids that are grown and don’t live with her.  She makes sweaters for a living and has two girls working for her, but I can’t tell if they live with her or not.  Her house is pretty unconventional.  To get from my room to the dining room, you have to go outside.  There is electricity but no running water.  My host mom is very helpful and she is slowly showing me how things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment