Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13, 2011

It is always interesting to see what my host family is interested in talking about with me.  Last night we had a discussion on divorce.  They found it so fascinating.  They thought that only celebrities got divorced.

I cleaned pretty much everything today.  I cleaned my clothes and my sheets.  I also cleaned the floor in my room.  Last night I cleaned my shoes too.  I don’t think everything will be this clean again until I get to site.

While I was eating lunch today the radio was on (as it usually is).  The announcer was not speaking English, but I kept hearing him say “Abba”.  Then he started naming Abba songs and he played about a half dozen of them.  In between songs he would talk.  I wish I knew what he was saying.  All I could understand was what he said in English, like “Abba” and “Sweden”.  I guess I found this way too amusing.

This week is our last week in the school.  We are solo teaching this week.  We are there Tuesday (in the morning only), Wednesday, and Thursday.  I don’t have any classes on Tuesday but I still have to go.  We are supposed to be leaving for language immersion next Sunday morning.  Can’t Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment