Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 2, 2011

Today was our first real day in the school.  It was good and bad.  The teachers weren't all clear on what was going on.  Once we clearly stated our purpose things got better.  I sat in on two classes.  The first one was Senior 2 and they were learning word processing.  The second was Senior 3 and they were learning Excel.  Computer class is only required up to Senior 2, so in my first class there was about 45 students and 2 or 3 students to each computer and the second class was only about 9 students and everyone had their own computer.  I'm getting used to the computer teacher and I'm sitting in on another one of his classes on Friday.  I'm also sitting in on a math class.  For the first time today I had to eat with my hands.  The school gave us lunch of posho (a very bland much made from maize) and beans.  It was harder and messier than it looks.  I'm sure that won't be the last time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment