Friday, March 25, 2011

March 22, 2011

This morning we had a structured lesson and then we went to the market to buy food for dinner at Charlene’s.  We headed to Charlene’s site after lunch.  It took us about an hour and a half to get there because we walked slow and we were taking pictures and greeting people.  Charlene’s site is really nice.  She lives on the campus of her PTC (Primary teacher’s college).  She has running water and electricity.  After we got the grand tour of the campus, we made dinner.  We had salsa, guacamole, pita, refried beans and chocolate cake.  We also made passion fruit juice.  The food was amazing as well as the company.  I think today was one of the best days I’ve had here so far.  Charlene is awesome and I can’t wait to see her again at the 50th anniversary party.  Charlene’s was the first real site I’ve seen.  This makes me really want to know where my site is.  I also feel like I’m forming a preference for where I want to be.  I think I would really like to be down near the Rwanda border (near Kabale).  We find out our sites in a little less than two weeks and I think we’re all getting anxious.  My language group has come to the conclusion that we won and got the best region.  It is amazing here!! 


2 comments:

  1. Jen,
    What am I looking @ in this picture? Where is this? Is this the hotel you are staying in this week for language immersion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also just a picture of the pretty scenery

    ReplyDelete