Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011 6:20 PM

So today we finally got our site announcements!!  I’m not going to keep you in suspense like they kept us.  I’m going to be at an all girls high school in Kinoni.  That is about 15 miles south (towards Kabale) from Mbarara.  The school is called Kinoni Girls Secondary School.  My job description says that I’m teaching computers and only computers (which is exciting because I don’t have to teach math).  My school is not near any towns.  Kinoni is just a trading center, but (from what I understand) it is right along the Mbarara-Kabale Road.  My closest town is probably Mbarara.  I was told that I’m living on the school compound and that I have both water and electricity (although Mary tried to play a little joke on me and tell me that I had neither at first).  I think I’m less than 2 hours (by car/bus/taxi) from Emily, Ryan, and Bailey.  They are all in Bushenyi.  I’m pretty sure that there are other volunteers who are closer to me, but none that are in my training group.  We leave for our sites on Wednesday.  Hopefully my house is ready and I will get to stay in it, otherwise I will be staying in a hotel.

1 comment: