Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 5, 2011 7:10 PM

Today was kind of like Christmas for most people.  A lot of our packages came through finally.  I got 5 padded envelopes and one card (all from my mom, obviously!).  It was almost all food.  I got oreos, crackers, peanut butter crackers, chocolate, cheerios, chocolate covered almonds and a few other things that I’m probably forgetting.  It was really nice to get them before I leave for my future site visit.

Tomorrow we are getting a ride to Kampala from Peace Corps and then we are taking a bus to Mbarara with a couple of the PCVs who are heading back to their sites.  From there I am going to get a taxi to Kinoni.  I spoke to the headmaster of the school today, so they should be expecting me.  I’m still not sure if I’m going to be staying in my house or not (hopefully I will be).

No comments:

Post a Comment