Monday, April 4, 2011

March 28, 2011 7:45 PM

Everyone is getting really anxious about site announcements next week.  For me, I think I know where I kind of want to be and I’m afraid I’m going to be bummed if I don’t get something close.  It’s a little intense that we go to our future site visits only two days after we find out where they are.  Some of the Peace Corps staff is saying they don’t have any idea where out sites are yet, but we all kind of know they are lying to us cause they can’t tell us yet.  It’s really hard because we know they know where we’re going and they just won’t tell us.  Some people have gotten clues from one person or another about where they are going, but I have no idea yet accept that it is somewhere where they will speak Runyankore/Rukiga.

We’ve gotten a lot out of training so far, but sometimes it seems a little exhausted.  Some of the sessions we are having this week don’t really seem necessary.  All we really have to worry about now is our LPI (Language Proficiency Interview) and then we should be golden until we get to site.

Also, as a side note, I figured out the cheapest way for people to call me is to call from Skype to my phone.  It should be about $0.13 per minute.  To do that I think you would call 256-0791678478.  So feel free to call, just try not to call me when it is the middle of the night here.  The time difference is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (until the U.S. goes through daylight savings again in the fall and then it will be 8 hours ahead).

No comments:

Post a Comment