Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 11, 2011 12:30 PM--Collecting Rain

It’s funny how the weather here can affect you so much, positively and negatively.  It started raining in the middle of the night last night and it is still going strong right now.  Part of me is happy about the rain and part of me is frustrated with it.  If I put my basins and my bucket out on my front and back steps, I can collect rain water, which makes doing my laundry today much easier, because doing laundry take almost a full jerry can; however doing laundry while it’s raining is problematic, because now I have all my clothes hanging in my house.  The rain also bothers me because it makes the walk to the pit latrine really muddy and I have to walk out in the rain.  And finally, it has caused my internet to stop working.  So I guess overall, the rain is more of a hindrance than a help.

No comments:

Post a Comment