Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 23, 2011 9:45 PM

So today was the first day of the term and it is still pretty uneventful here.  However, I did get more mail today.  And the mail today was even more exciting than usual.  I got my first piece of mail today that wasn’t from my mom (no offense mom).  I got a letter from Karissa today.  Thanks Karissa!!  It is hanging on my wall already.  I also got my first crossword puzzle from my dad.  I don’t think I’ve done a crossword in at least three months.  Thanks dad!  In addition to what I actually received, I also have five packages waiting for me at the post office in Mbarara.  I may try to go to town tomorrow to get them.

Today I also had my first real Dutch oven experience.  I tried to make a pineapple upside-down cake.  I don’t think the Dutch oven was that bad, but the cake still didn’t come out that great.  I can’t figure out if it is the recipe I used or if it was the way I made it.  Oh Well!  Hopefully I’ll have better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment