Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 27, 2011 12:00 PM

I got part of my schedule today.  I was told that they want me to teach Senior 1 and Senior 5.  At first I was a little intimidated by this.  Senior 1 is a piece of cake.  There not even much practicals in it.  It is almost all computer theory and history.  But Senior 5, if we are going with the national curriculum, is fairly advanced.  However, I soon came to realize that my school does not offer computers as a principle subject for Senior 5 and Senior 6, which means I can kind of just teach whatever I want.  I was told to treat them as if they are computer illiterate.  So I will probably be teaching almost the same thing to the Senior 5s as to the Senior 1s.  With that being said, I only have my schedule for Senior 1 so far, because they haven’t worked out a schedule for Senior 5 yet.  For Senior 1 there are 2 streams (meaning two classes).  I teach each one twice a week.  Each stream has one double lesson and one single lesson.  So far, I’m only scheduled to teach on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and I’m only teaching 2 doubles and 2 singles (6 lessons in total) and a lesson is only 40 minutes long.  I have a feeling I’m going to have a lot of down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment