Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 12, 2011 7:00 AM

Right now I’m still in Rakai (that is about an hour south of Masaka).  And the only reason I’m up so early is because Liz was leaving with Jackie and Stella to get back to Lira at 6 this morning.  This weekend we had the 50th Anniversary Service Project.  I think it went pretty well.  We painted murals and we taught life skills.  A lot of people from my training group came, some that I haven’t even seen since we left training.  It was nice to reconnect.  Today we are heading back west to get back to site.  We are planning to stop in Mbarara for lunch before we go all the way back.

I really like weekends like this because they remotivate me.  I heard a lot of horror stories about some people’s houses.  Some just moved in and still have problems and some haven’t even moved in yet.  Sorry to say but it makes me feel better about my minor problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment