Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 18, 2011 5:00 PM

I really don’t understand how Ugandan meetings are so long.  I feel like they aren’t even happy there after an hour or two.  But then again, I guess the person with the microphone always likes to hear their own voice, so they talk for an hour and a half instead of a half hour.  Today I was asked to go to career day for the Senior 4s and Senior 6s.  Their parents came and they had what they called career day.  It was more like lecturers telling the girls not to drop out of school.  It was long and drawn out and in the local language (mostly), not to mention that it started over two hours late.  Afterwards we had lunch.  Another thing I will never understand is how Ugandans mix all their food together.  Now I know this seems kind of childish and picky, but they actually mix their pineapple and watermelon with the sauce from their meat.  It’s also disgusting to watch them eat.  They kind of eat like animals even at the nicest occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment