Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011 7:45 AM

So yesterday the government announced that they have a new budget.  They also made a very long (Ugandan style) address about what the budget was and where the money was going to be spent.  Unfortunately, the budget does not give any money to Primary Teacher Colleges (PTC).  This is where some of my volunteer friends work.  This means that all PTCs are closing until they get more money.  I’m not sure what that means for my friends, but I don’t think it’s good.

On another note, I tried to make a cake in my new toaster oven last night.  I’m hoping I can eventually make it work, but this cake was too well done on the top and not cooked through in the middle.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking maybe I should try baking it at a lower temperature for a longer time.  I guess in two years I will have mastered this.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can google"How to bake a cake in a toaster oven?" We need to figure this out by Oct. 119 days!! Luv, Mom.

    ReplyDelete