Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 31, 2011 7:30 PM--The Epic Stove Drama...

I finally got my stove back today…unfortunately, it still doesn’t quite work right.  But it isn’t leaking anymore, which is a lot better.  As of right now I need a new regulator for my gas tank and even when I get that I think I may only be able to use one of the burners.  Nonetheless, this is progress.  When my neighbor brought me the stove, I asked him about getting another table in my kitchen.  He said he would inquire about it.  He had hoped that they would put shelves up for me, so I could better store my things in my kitchen.  However, he openly admitted that getting shelves or even a table may take a long time.  Which for a Ugandan to say it is going to take a long time, means that we hope it will happen before I leave in two years.  Luckily, I’m getting used to coping with my limited cooking abilities and limit counter space.  I also haven’t seen the plumber or heard anything about his whereabouts either.  This experience is the ultimate test in patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment