Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2, 2011 9:30 PM

My first term is officially over.  We had our end of the term staff meeting today.  It was supposed to start at 11 and this morning I found out it wouldn’t start until 1.  It promptly started at 2:30.  And it only went a short 4 hours.  Note my sarcasm.  But one good thing came out of the meeting.  So up until this point every time the headmaster would introduce me he would say that I was sent by the U.S. Embassy and that I’m from Canada.  I always found this really intriguing because the headmaster is the head of the whole school, yet he doesn’t know the difference between the U.S. and Canada.  I guess I could see some average person not knowing the difference but not the head of a secondary school.  That would be like the head of a school in the U.S. not knowing that Africa is a continent and not a country.  Not being able to distinguish between Africa and South Africa.  Yeah there are definitely many Americans who don’t know the difference, but the principal of high school should and probably would know.  So anyway, up until this point I hadn’t corrected the headmaster on this mistake, because I didn’t want to correct him especially in front of whoever he would be introducing me to.  Well, today in our staff meeting they were reading and correcting the minutes from the last meeting.  And in our last meeting, which was the beginning of term staff meeting, the headmaster introduced me as being from Canada and this was reflected in the minutes.  I didn’t even need to correct the minutes myself on this error.  One of the other teachers pointed it out.  So maybe now the headmaster will introduce as being from the U.S. from now on.  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment