Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011 7:00 AM

So because the school is on holiday until September 5th, I have a nice long break from working.  The even better part is that I get to get out of site for almost the entire time.  This Friday some of the girls who are up North are coming to stay with me, because on Saturday we are all going to Kisoro and we are meeting up with a bunch of other people from our group.  The girls from up North are staying with me a night because it is too far to go all the way to Kisoro in one day.  We are going to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and we are climbing Mount Sabinyo.  It is a one day hike.  It’s 3 or 4 hours up and then another 3 or 4 hours back down.  I think it’s a little late to start getting in shape again, but I started running again today (if that helps at all).  It’s supposed to be kind of challenging but when you get to the top you are straddling Uganda, Rwanda, and the DRC all at once.  So we are heading down there on Saturday, hiking on Sunday and leaving on Monday.  I think some of us are coming back to my place for a night because we aren’t due in Kampala until Tuesday.  So then on Tuesday we will head out to Kampala for IST (In-service training).  This goes from the 16th until the 27th.  It’s just more training now that we’ve been at site for four months.  It should be nice though, because my whole training group will be there and we are staying at a really nice hotel.  Then on the 27th, the white water rafting company is picking us up at our hotel and taking us to Jinja.  We are rafting that day and we will be in Jinja for two nights.  On Monday I think I am spending a night at one the volunteer’s places in the East, because we aren’t supposed to be back in Kampala until Tuesday the 30th.  Then from the 30th until September 2nd, we have our all volunteer conference (All-Vol).  So we are staying at the really nice hotel again and it is not just my training group but all volunteers in country.  And then on the 2nd, I’m heading back to site to start my second term of classes.  That, in a nutshell, is my plans for the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment