Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011 8:00 PM--Kinoni's Weekly Market

Every Monday I go to the local weekly market in Kinoni.  Every time I go there is a little old woman who always insists on giving me something.  She doesn’t speak any English, so I don’t really know why she wants to give me stuff and I can’t easily tell her I don’t need anything.  Apparently when I don’t go to the market she asks for me and sometimes she even sends something for me with someone else.  Today I went to the market and I didn’t see her there.  And then later today one of the teachers from school came to my house with two avocados for me from this old woman.  I think sometimes there are people here who just like foreigners way too much.  It’s one of the amusing parts of being here and it’s not a bad perk either.

No comments:

Post a Comment