Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011 7:00 AM--Staff Meeting


Staff meetings are notorious here.  They are typically started a few hours late, last for anywhere from 5 to 7 hours, and are incredibly useless.  Yesterday I had my beginning of term staff meeting and I don’t know if I will ever have such an easy staff meeting.  It only started 45 minutes late.  It also only lasted for about three hours and that is including a break in the middle for lunch.  I also found it to actually be somewhat useful.  Obviously a large part of it was useless for me because they were talking about the teachers strike and money.  But I was impressed that the other computer teacher brought up the issue of the non-teaching staff eating their lunch in the computer lab.  They say we have a solution.  We will see if it actually happens, but now they are going to have them take lunch in the library.  I don’t know if that is better than the computer lab, but now it is no longer my problem.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be an education volunteer in Uganda leaving November 10th. Thanks for this blog. I'm reading every entry with great interest. My question is could I get away with reading a book in these long staff meetings you keep talking about or would they expect my full attention?

    ReplyDelete