Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 2011 8:15 AM--"You Are Lost"

Ugandans tend to use the word “lost” in a way that we don’t always necessarily understand.  For instance, now that I’m back from my three week trip they say to me “oh you have been lost.”  They don’t mean that I’ve actually been lost or unknowingly missing.  They just mean that I haven’t been around.  I also feel like they use this term too often.  They don’t only use it if I’m away for the weekend, but they also will use it if I sleep in and miss morning tea.  They like to be around people all the time.  They can’t understand that I would want to be by myself sometimes.  I think as time goes on they begin to understand it more and more, but it is probably something they will never fully comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment