Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011 7:00 PM

“The days go by so slowly, but the weeks and months fly by.”  This is something I hear volunteers here say all the time.  This may not make much sense, but when you are here experiencing it and someone says this, it totally makes sense.  There are many days that you don’t have anything to do, so your days can go by slowly.  On the other hand, there isn’t much change in seasons here.  It sometimes seems like an eternal summer.  Without any change of season, for someone who is used to having both summer and winter, it can seem like time isn’t moving, when, in fact, the months are going by before your eyes.  Sometimes it feels like I just got here yesterday and in fact I’ve been here for almost 9 months.  My dad mentioned this to me the other day and, at first, I didn’t see the significance of 9 months.  At 9 months, I’ll be a third of the way done.  That seems crazy because there is still so much to do here and so many places to go see.

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you, you're not the only one who feels that way, and I'm not even in Peace Corps! Time can be a crazy thing!

    ReplyDelete