Friday, October 7, 2011

October 6, 2011 3:45 PM--Rainy Season

It’s been rainy season here for over a month now.  Some days it rains and some days it doesn’t.  Most days it at least looks like it’s going to rain at some point in the day, even if it never actually rains.  And then there are other days where it rains really hard.  But no matter what, it almost never rains all day.  Today was one of those when it rained really hard.  I was heading to my last class and you could see the rain clouds starting to form.  I got to class and I started teaching.  As I was writing on the board I could hear the rain start and I didn’t think much of it until I noticed the commotion going on in my class.  It was raining buckets outside and it was windy too.  So because many of the windows in the classroom are broken or missing, the rain was starting to come in.  So the girls had started to move all of their desks to the middle of the room.  One of them got up to close the door.  This made no sense to me, because the door is supposed to have panes of glass in it and they were all missing.  So I don’t know what good this was doing.  Another one of the girls also got up to take down the clock, which hangs on the wall above the blackboard (in the middle of the classroom).  This also made no sense to me.  I think the funniest part of this whole ordeal is that it is not uncommon.  These girls are so used to learning with distractions like this.  And by the time my 40 lesson was over, it had stopped raining all together…go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment