Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15, 2011 7:30 AM--Sandwiches

Most restaurants here don’t make international/American food, but the ones that do don’t always put so much care into it.  Ugandans don’t understand the idea of having good food.  As long as it’s edible, they’re okay with it.  However, there is one guy in Mbarara who just opened a small cafĂ© and movie theater.  He is Ugandan but he has lived in America before, so he can kind of understands how Americans like there food.  He makes the best sandwiches!  And he actually cares how we like our food.  He always makes sure everything is fresh.  This weekend alone I had three sandwiches.  When we went in there on Saturday, it took a long time because he had to go out and buy all the ingredients to make our sandwiches, but they were so good that we didn’t mind.  This pace makes me want to buy a sandwich every week when I’m in town.  There are other places to get good food in town, but I don’t necessarily feel the need to go there every time I’m in town.  I kind of just want to support this guy because I love that he cares so much what we actually want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment