Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21, 2011 10:15 AM

I just got back from spending the weekend in Kampala.  It was my first real time to spend a lot of time in Kampala.  We stayed with a guy who works for the US Embassy here in Uganda.  It was like a vacation.  He had an awesome house, even by American standards.  We had comfortable beds, hot showers and we even got to do our laundry in a washer and dryer.  While in Kampala I did a little shopping, ate a lot of good food and I got a haircut.  Overall, it was a great weekend.

Tomorrow I’m leaving to go to Rwanda for Christmas.  From what I’m told it is our friendlier cleaner neighbor to the South.  We are going to go to Kigali, Lake Kivu and to track the mountain gorillas.  It should be an interesting way to spend Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment