Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012 5:30 PM

I got my class schedule today, which will probably stay pretty much the same for the whole year.  I’m teaching Senior 2 Math and Computers.  I wasn’t necessarily thrilled at first.  I wanted to teach Senior 1 again, but after I thought about it a little I realized that it would be nice to stay with the same girls again this year.  Last year I didn’t even have enough time to learn all their names, so this will give me the opportunity to get to know them better, instead of starting over.  I think it is also better for them.  It took some of them a little bit of time to get used to my accent and stuff, so now they are already used to it.  I guess this is probably better than breaking in a new group of girls.  Also, with Senior 2 computers I can get them in the lab more for practicals.  The curriculum has me teaching Microsoft Word and Excel, so I want to spend a lot of time in the lab, because you can’t learn this with a blackboard alone.  This will give my computer lab project a lot of personal justification (if it ever gets off the ground, that is).  This also works well with the fact that I want to teach them proper typing (if I have time).  My schedule also has me with no classes on Friday again (after a little switching with other teachers).  This is good because if I’m going somewhere for the weekend, I don’t have to worry about teaching classes on Fridays.  As of right now, I have no idea when I’m supposed to start teaching.  I probably won’t start until the beginning of next week.  Some of the girls are still arriving and probably will for the next couple days.  And for Math, especially, I don’t even know what is in the curriculum, so I’m not yet prepared.  But it should all fall into place over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment