Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012 9:00 AM--They Just Keep Coming Back

A few weeks ago I saw two crested cranes in my backyard.  For anyone who doesn’t know, the crested crane is Uganda’s national bird.  They even appear on the Ugandan flag.  Up until that point I had never seen any up close like that outside of the national parks.  I never even thought I would, especially because I live so close to the main road.  Since that first sighting, I’ve seen them at least a half dozen more times.  Now I’m just assuming that they are the same two, but I feel like considering I’ve never seen any here before, they probably are the same one’s coming back.  So I guess I’m just wondering if I’m going to keep seeing them or if they’ll eventually move on.  I hope they stay, because I love watching them and it is just so pleasant to wake up in the morning and see crested cranes in your backyard!






No comments:

Post a Comment