Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 8, 2012 3:20 PM—All-Vol


So for the past few days I was at Peace Corps Uganda’s All Volunteer Conference (aka All-Vol).  This is an annual conference for all the Peace Corps volunteers in Uganda where we come together, share ideas, social and relax for a few days.  This year All-Vol seemed a little less helpful to me because I have already been a volunteer for a year and a half and I only have a few months left.  So if there were any projects people might have suggested, I probably don’t have enough time left in my service to do them.  However, I still think it was a worthwhile experience and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting all the new volunteers who just swore-in in July.

Now I am on my way back to my site finally.  The school term should have already started, but hopefully this week I will find out what I am teaching and get back in the swing of things.  I guess I’m back to the same old, same old…at least until next month when I am meet Mom in Tunisia!

No comments:

Post a Comment