Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013 10:30 AM—Food!


Most volunteers are more than obsessed about food.  Buying really good food is hard to come by, but you can actually get most ingredients to make some really good food.  A lot of volunteers become really good cooks during their 2 years service.  Before coming here I thought I was a decent cook, but it wasn’t until I got here that I became an even better cook.  This is mostly because most things at home that I would get out of a can I now have to make from scratch.  So here are some pictures of my favorite meals that I’ve made myself since getting here.

Apple Bread



Cole Slaw



Bread Sticks



Corn Chowder



Deviled Eggs



Tuna Cakes



Pasta in Alfredo Sauce



Homemade Pasta

Homemade Pasta in Marinara Sauce



Latkes




Oatmeal Cookies



Pineapple Pie



Pita Bread



 Many Varieties of Pizza
Pizza with Onions and Jalapenos

Plain Cheese Pizza

Pizza with Peppers and Onions



Mango Salsa



 Raviolis (filled with paneer)



Rice Pudding with Raisins



Salsa



Scalloped Potatoes



Tomato Soup and Tuna Cakes



Spanish Rice




Stuffing







And all of this was made without having running water in my kitchen and some of it was made without power.  Let me just say that boredom eventually hits you.


No comments:

Post a Comment