Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 9, 2012 5:45 PM—Mail Call: Final Call for Packages




This is my first and only announcement about more packages.  If you have something packed and ready to go, feel free to still send it.  If not, I would say don’t send anything more.  Granted if there is something that arrives after I leave, some other needy Peace Corps volunteer would get to reap the benefits from it, but it wouldn’t be me.
And I’m also gonna take this moment to say THANKS to everyone who has sent me packages, letters and cards throughout the last two years.  They have been much appreciated.  Everything from the most ridiculous to the most practical items and everything in between has been used to the fullest extent.  Sometimes it’s the things that you think are least likely to be useful, that are actually the most useful for my physical and mental well-being.  Things like hair ties or a flashlight shaped like a panda bear or newspaper articles and crossword puzzles or disinfectant wipes or just a card or postcard that says “hi” are among the best things I could get in a package.  Often even better than any goodies or snacks that were sent.  Don’t get me wrong, the snacks are also good, but sometimes I just look forward to the unexpected.










That all being said, Thanks for all the packages, but please stop sending them!




2 comments:

  1. It was fun and challenging sending you packages these past 2 years. I really enjoyed trying to send good, usual stuff. I think you received ALL my packages, which is amazing.

    ReplyDelete