Friday, February 8, 2013

Third Goal Project


Looks like I’m leaving my site a little earlier than expected!  Don’t get me wrong, my COS date is still April 24th, but up until that point I will be working on a project that allows me to leave my site in March.    I’ll be travelling the country for about a month visiting volunteers at their sites in their element.  After visiting each volunteer I’ll be writing a blog post based on the volunteer, their site, their experience and the experience I had with them while at their site.  This project will show how every site is different and every volunteer gets a different experience.  This will also be a great way for me to reflect on my service by sharing the span of a PCVs journey.  You will get to see where a PCV starts, where they are in the middle, and where they finish.

The idea behind this project is based around Peace Corps' “Third Goal”.  Anyone not familiar, the three goals of Peace Corps are:

1.       Helping the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained men and women.
2.       Helping promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served.
3.       Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans.


Stay tuned for more updates and information!

No comments:

Post a Comment