Sunday, March 3, 2013

“30 Sites and 30 Nights”


I’ve previously mentioned working on a Third Goal project where I’m going to be visiting volunteers’ sites.  I’ve decided to call this project “30 Sites and 30 Nights”, because the goal is to visit 30 volunteers in 30 days.  I don’t think I will reach this exact goal, but I will hopefully come pretty close.  I will be working on this project from March 20th to April 19th.  I’m planning on visiting a lot of places in this country many of which I’ve never been to.  I plan on going to Soroti, Hoima, Arua, Lira, Gulu, Lwero, Jinja, Entebbe, Rukungiri, and Lake Bunyoni.  I’m really hoping to capture the essence of the volunteer experience by portraying a profile of each volunteer I visit including some background information on them and the work they’ve been doing at site.  The point of this project is 1)to show the uniqueness of every volunteer’s experience, 2) to show the span of a volunteer’s service, and 3)to get many of the untold stories and successes out there for people to see.

Throughout the duration of the project I will be constantly blogging about not only the volunteers, their experiences and their sites, but also my own experience travelling this country and visiting these volunteers.  Look for a blog post from me every day (or there about depending on electricity and internet access) of the project that I will post here on my blog.  Hopefully I will also be able to post pictures of these volunteers and their sites.

I have high hopes for this project, but I also need your help.  Part of the success of this project will be having a lot of people actually reading my blog and following this project.  So please stay posted via my blog and please share these posts with anyone you may think is interested.  Also, feel free to give me feedback.  Let me know what you want to see in these posts or what you want to know about these volunteers and their Peace Corps experiences.  I will do my best to incorporate these suggestions into the project.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Overseas volunteer opportunities

    ReplyDelete