Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2, 2013 2:15 PM—News, News, News


From some previous posts, you probably could have been able to tell that I’m a bit of a news addict.  And in a country where there is next-to-no international news coverage, this is a difficult way to be.  However, I do often have Time Magazines sent to me and my Dad also sends me news paper articles, but these are usually not your run-of-the-mill news articles.  Even when I was at home, we both enjoyed the unusual, under-read articles more than the “big story” news.

When I received these articles in the mail, I would read them and then hang them on the walls of my spare bedroom.  So now that I’ve been here for 2 years, the walls of that room are almost totally papered in newspaper articles.

Here are some examples of my favorite articles.  Some of these were sent to me and some I clipped from Time or National Geographic myself.


Uganda









Africa 











The World 









The U.S. 













Peace Corps 






Phillies







Just for Fun















Sometimes a Picture Says a Thousand Words  


No comments:

Post a Comment