Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snippets of Service—Recapping Two Years of Blogging



Over the past two years I’ve blogged somewhat consistently and frequently, posting at least a few posts every month.  Most volunteers use their blog as a way to keep in touch with people back home, a way to keep everyone up-to-date on their lives or maybe just a way to solicit packages and support.  Many volunteers even drop off with blogging after the first few months.  I like to think that my blog is a little bit more than that.  I’ve tried my hardest to make it interesting and to truly use it as a Third Goal tool, which I’m sure is what Peace Corps wants its volunteers to do.  I see my blog as less of a tool to communicate and more as a secondary project throughout my service.  I’ve tried to really portray Uganda and its vibrant culture for all those people who will never come here, however I do have to admit that it has sometimes been through rose-colored glasses. 

Throughout the next two weeks I will be recapping the past two years of blogging.  So if you tuned in late in the game, don’t worry, you’ll still get to see the highlights.  I’m also going to be using my blog for my “30 Sites and 30 Nights” project that I’m doing in my last month of service and I will hopefully be able to continue using my blog to report about my COS trip as I travel through Europe.   So I hope everyone has enjoyed my blog so far and continues to read throughout the next several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment