Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21, 2013 9:00 PM—Saying Goodbye


Things are nearing the end. I'm back in Kampala now after spending the weekend in Jinja. Tomorrow I have to go into the Peace Corps office to start my final medical checkout and all kinds of other paperwork before I COS on Wednesday.

Even though I've been looking forward to leaving for so long I've actually made it to the point where I don't necessarily want to leave. It's not as easy as you may think. Saying goodbye to people is never easy. Saying goodbye to other volunteers who are also leaving is not as hard as saying goodbye to some of my friends who aren't leaving. I think it was when I hit that point when I had to say goodbye to some of my friends who are still here for another year or more that I realized how hard it really is to leave.

However at this point, despite whether I want to leave or not, I'm leaving here on Wednesday. I'll be excited when that moment comes, but for now I'm trying to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment