Wednesday, June 26, 2013

UK (Part 5)


June 26, 2013 4:45 PM—Liverpool

If yesterday was all about Manchester United, then today was mostly about the Beatles. I started off my morning well by sleeping in. I didn't have to check out until 11 and I knew I had all day before I had to catch the ferry, so I figured I'd take advantage of my bed while I had it. So once I had some breakfast, I got on my way. I started off with a free walking tour of the city. I felt like I didn't really know how to approach Liverpool and the walking tour was the way to go. On this tour we saw a lot of Beatles site, including The Cavern Club, which is where they used to play when they were just getting started. We also saw some of the unique architectural styles of Liverpool, which is such an industrial city and has been a key player in trade for a long time.








After the tour was over, I figured that I should go to see the Beatles museum called the Beatles Story. In this museum not only did they have all kinds of memorabilia, they really took you through a story. They even recreated many of the clubs and studios that were such a large part of the Beatles history. I also got to go inside a yellow submarine!





Now I'm back at my hostel killing a little time before I have to go to the ferry. I got an email from the ferry this morning telling me that the ferry is leaving a little early and arriving a little late because they will only be able to use one engine. So instead of it taking 8 hours its going to take about 11 and a half. But I don't mind because once I get in it will only take me about an hour and a half to get to my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment