Friday, June 28, 2013

UK (Part 7)


June 28, 2013 5:00 PM—Portrush, Northern Ireland

Today was a bit of a lazy day. I started off by sleeping in and then I had some breakfast at about 9:30. The breakfast I got came free with my room and it was an awesome buffet with many hot and cold options.

After breakfast I walked down to the tourist office here in town. It's only about a 10 minute walk but by the time I got there my jeans were all wet, my hair was wind blown and my umbrella had blown out once. Unfortunately, the woman at the tourist office wasn't able to work much magic. It seems that most of what there is to do around here is outdoors and obviously the weather was not cooperating. However, when I left the tourist office it wasn't raining, so I started to walk back towards my hotel and when I got here I continued walking all the way down to the end of the peninsula. There is a nice little path that takes you to the top of the cliffs that form the end of the peninsula. Because of all the strong winds, the waves were quite big as they crashed up against the rocks.






After making a short loop, I returned to my hotel. I could have found something to do today, but there was nothing I was overly enthusiastic about. This is why I decided to simply spend the rest of my day enjoying my nice hotel room. I don't often get a nice hotel and when I do I don't often spend much time in the room. Today was an unusual opportunity for me to just relax. When I get to Dublin, I intend to hit things pretty hard and I simply felt like resting up would be my best use of the day. So right now I'm watching the news and laying around. I'll probably venture out soon to get something to eat. Otherwise, I'm done for the night.

Tomorrow I'll be traveling down to Dublin. And tomorrow afternoon I plan on seeing many of the sites in Dublin that I wanted to see while I'm there. I only have a few days left, but there is still so much to see.

Fun Fact: The most northern point of the island of Ireland is in The Republic of Ireland (or Southern Ireland).

No comments:

Post a Comment