Friday, October 21, 2016

"Must-Go" List: Top 3

As I've discussed in a previous post, I always have a "Must-go" list full of places that I want to go.  Of course, for me there will always be an endless list of places that I want to go, some of which I've never even heard of.  Below are the top three places on my "must-go" list and why they top the list at the moment.

New Zealand
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to go to New Zealand.  I was inspired by my grandfather.  He always had a list of places he wanted to see in his life.  It wasn't until later in life that he had the means to travel the world.  Despite how old he got, he never let that stop him from seeing all the places on his list.  So when he and my grandmom were in their 60s they decided to go to New Zealand to hike the Milford Track.  He loved it so much, he went back and hiked it again with a friend of his a few years later.  That is what inspires me, because even as he got older he loved New Zealand so much that he felt the need to go again.  I always wanted to go and see for myself what made this place so special.

Cambodia
My aunt is from Cambodia and we've talked about going.  I think she wants to show us where she came from and the many wonders it has to offer.  Cambodia is one of those places that I want to go to, but I don't feel like I could ever go without my aunt.  I would love to see where she came from.  Someday we'll go.  It's just a matter of time.

Cuba
Now that relations between the U.S. and Cuba have eased, I'm just waiting for Congress to lift the travel ban.  I think it would be amazing to travel just 1000 miles South and 50 years back in time.  As most Americans, I'm fascinated to see what this forbidden land has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment